Every month we introduce you to one of the people leading the work of our member organisations. In this first edition, Pernilla Bonde replies to the Housing Europe questionnaire. Note that apart from CEO of HSB Pernilla is also Housing Europe reperesentative on the Cooperatives Europe board.
- I would describe HSB in 10 words as: a cooperative organisation that develops, builds and manages housing.
- Our key objective is to provide good housing, in cooperation with our members.
- Apart from housing provision, our mission is to reduce our climate impact, increase energy efficiency and contribute to a sustainable housing sector.
- We are members of Housing Europe because HE is an important voice at the EU level for us as cooperative housing providers. We benefit a lot from discussions with other members and the meetings in Brussels.
- Housing is considered to be in Sweden: crucial on an individual level but also a key component for issues such as economic growth, a well functioning labour market and a sustainable society.
- Our key partners in the country when it comes to collaboration on international issues relevant to housing policy are Riksbyggen and SABO.
- Our main housing policy priority at the moment is to increase housing construction. About two thirds of all Swedes live in a municipality where there is housing shortage, and construction has been insufficient over the last two decades. At the moment construction is increasing but it needs to stay on a high level.
- The major challenge for the country today when it concerns our issues is to provide housing for all.
- I start my working day with a nice cup of coffee.
- After leaving the office I follow my two sons to their skiing practice.
- Currently I am reading Mikael Niemi’s “Fallvatten” while listening to Detail’s in the fabric by Jason Mraz.
- I prefer having on my table a glass of wine with some nice cheese.