Every month we introduce you to one of the people leading the work of our member organisations. In this edition, we head to Luxembourg. In the small European country, the Director of SNHBM, Guy Entringer introduces the organisation he manages and identifies the key characteristics and challenges of the affordable housing sector in the Grand Duchy. Plus, as usual, he shares some tips that help him strike a good life-work balance.
- I would describe SNHBM in 10 words as… a public hold property developer aiming good quality at moderate cost.
- Our key objective is to provide quality housing at a good price.
- Apart from housing provision, our mission is to be innovative and to be a good example for private promoters.
- We joined Housing Europe as a founding member to learn more about the various experiences of social housing in Europe.
- Housing is considered to be very expensive.
- Our key partners in the country are... the municipalities and the ministry of housing.
- Our main housing policy priority at the moment is to increase the offer of affordable housing and especially of its rental housing stock.
- The major challenge for the country today is to find new niches to create jobs after the declining of our finance sector.
- I start my working day with a Nutella sandwich and a glass of apple juice.
- After leaving the office I help my wife in taking care of our two little boys.
- Currently I only have time to read the newspaper
- ... while listening to the music on the radio.
- I move around by…car.
- I prefer having on my table a good piece of meat and a glass of red wine.