Housing Europe, the European Federation of Public, Cooperative and Social Housing has established a network that aims at bringing together the people behind the communication work of our members to better coordinate our activities. We strongly believe that a systematic, exchange between colleagues who more or less share common challenges can only strengthen our partnership and enhance our message.
Aim of the meeting
The second meeting will take place in Brussels, on November 5th 2018 and is supposed to serve as an opportunity to introduce everyone to the Brussels scene, the role of Housing Europe within it and to discuss how we can co-produce the Housing Europe campaign for the 2019 European Elections. Furthermore, we would like to use the occasion to brainstorm concerning the best ways of collaboration on a regular basis unlocking the full potential of our network. Sharing the milestones of 2019, an eventful year, given the European Elections, the second International Social Housing Festival and the next edition of ‘The State of Housing in the EU’ would be a good way to start.
The meetup will conclude with a visit to the premises of the European Parliament for the final event of the Erasmus+ DESINC project as well as for an exclusive meeting with the European Parliament President’s Spokesperson Unit that will provide with unique insights about the way this European Institution operates when it comes to communication.
Agenda | Venue: Housing Europe Meeting Room, 18, Square de Meeus, 1050, Brussels (3rd floor)
Introduction & Tour de table
- Personal introduction & a few words about the organisation each one represents
- How does each organisation communicate EU issues so far?
The Brussels scene and the European Elections 2019 – a collective action
- Quick overview of the EU Institutions and the legislative procedure
- The role of Housing Europe in the “Bubble”
- The 2019 European Elections: co-producing the Housing Europe campaign
- Our Manifesto
- National agendas
Keeping the Communication Network active
- Exchange around practices and ways of work
- Ways forward, tools to enhance cooperation between COMM officers
- 2019 Milestones: Elections – International Social Housing Festival – State of Housing 2019
Lunch Break @ Radisson RED Hotel Resto, Rue d’Idalie 35, 1050 Brussels
Meeting the European Parliament President’s Spokesperson Unit, also responsible to track and combat fake news | Presentation by Anja Duchateau, Officer responsible for communication and events at the Directorate-General for Communication.