Are you a skilled web designer willing to work with an organisation that makes a meaningful impact on where and how people live? Access to affordable, decent housing that is in safe and pleasant areas close to jobs and services must be accessible to all and 43.000 organisations in Europe are already showing the way. We need to make sure that these examples from all corners of Europe are being widely seen and that policy is adapted. However, for this to happen, we need a digital ‘business card’, our website to truly mirror what impact social and affordable housing can have.
Housing Europe - the voice of European public, cooperative, and social housing providers since 1988 - is on the lookout for a talented developer or team to revamp our website.
We have outlined our aspirations for the new design. If you are up for the challenge and want to contribute to the housing and social policy sector, read on.
What are we looking for?
- A 2024-like web page that strikes a great balance between intuitive navigation making it easy to use or stay informed while presenting a human-oriented sector that cares for communities, the environment, and social cohesion;
- A web-page built for advocacy with engaging/interactive visual content (including charts, videos, podcasts, social media feeds, and newsletter subscription);
- Good representation of our strong membership network and staff;
- A designer who has experience in working with advocacy associations/federations and understands their needs;
- Good SEO, relatively simple back-end and mobile operation are a must;
- A powerful search is strongly needed;
- A plan on how to migrate large amounts of content;
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to design a web space that can make an impact;
- Comfortable in English to be able to transfer content well, but meetings can also be held in French, if necessary.
Send your vision for the new Housing Europe website, portfolio you are proud of, and price estimate to our Communications Director, Diana Yordanova (email@example.com) by November 30, 2023.