As we had recently presented, the Scottish Federation of Housing Association’s Innovation and Future Thinking Programme is bringing their members and other stakeholders together to collaboratively develop new ideas and solutions for the future. Within this framework, they held a Housing Innovation Factory event on 22 January.
By Lorna Wilson, SFHA Innovation and Future Thinking Lead
The group welcomed Kimmo Ronka from Finland who gave an inspirational presentation. You may watch the short film to see what they got up to.
The outputs from the day are feeding directly into the work of the innovation teams, who are now moving on to develop prototypes of new resources and support for housing providers.
- Home of the Future – Modern Methods of Construction. We are testing modern methods of construction, with the learning being shared across the sector, and developing new ideas including a 3D printing concept.
- Home of the Future – Digital Asset Management. A resource is being designed to help housing providers to develop their asset management approaches and to test a prototype digital asset approach.
- Home of the Future – Inclusive Living. A definition of inclusive living is being developed. This will inform a call for ideas to design places and communities for everyone.
- Home of the Future – Working with Nature. An exciting opportunity to access a package of support will maximise the benefits of nature in a new housing development.
- Impact – Measuring Impact. A resource and programme is being designed with and for our members, to help them to understand, measure and improve their social and economic impact.
- Service Transformation – Business and culture change. We are developing a business and culture change programme for members, including people, customer experience and service design, and technology.