The EU-funded project, TripleA-Reno stands for attractive, acceptable and affordable renovation, meaning a retrofit that is easy to plan and understand, energy and cost-saving, as well as increasing the comfort of living. The goal of the project is to raise awareness and provide guidance on the different phases of the home renovation. To be able to do this online and in full safety, the team met virtually over a boardgame to discuss complex renovation measures and concepts.
The goal of the Energy Transition Game is to become more knowledgeable about energy transition while involving tenants and to gain insights into measures and new concepts that play a key role in renovation.
A series of Home Show events have been organised to raise awareness on how the Triple A-Reno project could help the social, public and cooperative housing sector to achieve investments in energy efficiency and deep retrofits while increasing the affordability, acceptance and attractiveness for their residents.
“Attractive, acceptable, affordable - this is the goal. However, there are many different scenarios and many different approaches to be taken for building owners and what is also clear is that information for all stakeholders involved is a factor that is not to be under-estimated,” the Secretary General of Housing Europe, Sorcha Edwards stressed.
During the board game workshop organised by Housing Europe on 15th February, players were challenged to accomplish two different scenarios - Low maintenance costs and Zero-Energy Building - by choosing and matching the right upgrade measures and learning more about different renovation concepts and technical possibilities. The topics were varying from energy savings and economics to comfort, installation and maintenance. Add to that extra points for striking a good balance between sustainability and cost.
Find out how to make an existing home energy efficient, gas-free or energy neutral!
Watch the Energy Transition Game workshop or why not even play the game.
- Welcome: Sorcha Edwards, Secretary General, Housing Europe 1:45
- Interactive poll session, Abderrahim Khairi, Membership and Events Coordinator, Housing Europe 8:32
- Introduction TripleA-Reno: Simona d’Oca , PhD, Architect at Huygen Engineers and Consultants, Coordinator of the TripleA-Reno project. 13:20
- Explains the idea behind & current use in the NL: Jan Cromwijk, Project coordinator for training, additional training, making the built environment more sustainable at ISSO 26:14
- Reaction from Housing Europe Member: Bjorn Mallants, director of the Association of Flemish Housing Companies (VVH) 38:33
- Game leader to explain the rules: Dara Turnbull, Research Coordinator, Housing Europe 47:21
- Summary of the Zero-Energy Building led by Dara Turnbull & Clara Mafé 58:18
- Closing and feedback from participants and speakers 1:03:55