We invite you to take over an exciting role in supporting the diverse communications work of our Federation.
Housing Europe is the European Federation of Public, Cooperative & Social Housing. Since 1988 it's a network of 40 national & regional federations gathering 43.000 housing providers in 22 countries. Together they manage around 25 million homes, about 11% of existing dwellings in Europe.
We are looking for a Junior Communications Officer to join our Secretariat in Brussels. The successful candidate will support the communications work of Housing Europe, with a substantial part of the work focusing on the EU-funded projects our Federation is working on envisioning the future-proofed neighbourhoods which can cater for elderly, youth, integration of services, different lifestyles e.g. working from home, sharing economy, circular economy and of course with the decentralised Zero energy neighbourhoods ZEN with an adapted energy system fitted to these changes.
About the job at Housing Europe
If you would like to imagine how your working week will look like, here is an example of the tasks you would undertake in close collaboration with the Communications Director:
- Support the planning and implementation of our communication and dissemination activities (social media content creation, publication and communication deliverables/tasks) within the framework of our European projects;
- Support the communications work of the Federation with the preparation of short blog posts, presentations, preparing of infographics and video editing;
- Support with the update of our various websites and potential redesign of a truly new web page;
- Support with the communication tools and platforms of ongoing initiatives of Housing Europe, such as the 2022 Responsible Housing Awards;
About you as a young professional & team player
Our team truly believes that there is no single path for landing on a certain position. With that being said, the qualifications below would surely help to get into the job.
- A degree in Journalism or Communications and up to 1 year of working experience in the field, including relevant traineeships;
- Good writing skills in English, additional languages would be considered an asset;
- Good command of social media channels;
- Creativity and eye for details;
- Good skills in creating visuals and video content;
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team;
- Desired experience in communications at EU level;
- Desired experience in website management.
What we offer?
- An open-end contract and additional benefits, including meal vouchers, hospitalisation and pension scheme. On the job tutoring and an opportunity work within a small but international and friendly team that is motivated to advocate for a great cause.
Send your CV of maximum 2 pages together with a draft LinkedIn post of up to 200 words on why social and affordable housing in Europe can successfully alleviate energy poverty. Accompany the text with an engaging visual/Gif/video and relevant to the topic hashtags.
Submit all documents in a single PDF to our Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2021.
Please add ‘Application – Junior Communications Officer’ in the subject of your email.