In the framework of the Affordable Housing Initiative realised through our consortium, we aim to bridge EU policy and innovative best practices to help local actors deliver, based on available national and EU resources. The event is co-organised with the coordinator of the project, Housing Europe - The European Federation for Public, Cooperative and Social Housing – in partnership with l’Union Sociale pour l’Habitat.
The Summit will focus on the financing aspect of fast-tracking innovation in the renovation of social and affordable housing districts as a means to mitigate the negative social impact of rising prices.
What to expect from the Affordable Housing Initiative Summit on Finance?
What role can the EIB play to advance the fair energy transition in housing?
What needs to be changed to avoid a slowdown in housing renovation rates?
Where Finance and Good Governance Meet: what works to attract funding?
Alternative financing mechanisms that suit integrated approaches to renovation
Launch of the 2023 State of Housing report
Join us on June 20, 2023 in Paris, at the Académie du Climat. Stay tuned for more details.
Learn more about the work of the Consortium - https://shape-affordablehousing.eu/
The registration link is available here.
DAY 1 - PLENARY SESSIONS
Master of Ceremony: Eddy Adams
09h30-10h00 | Welcome words, Emmanuel Grégoire, First Deputy Mayor of Paris in charge of urban planning, architecture, Bent Madsen, President of Housing Europe and video message of Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Affairs
10h00-11h00 | OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE AFFORDABLE HOUSING INITIATIVE SUMMIT – HIGH LEVEL ROUND TABLE
- Olivier Klein, Minister Delegate for Cities and Housing, France
- Ivan Bartoš, Minister of Regional Development, Czechia
- Christophe Collignon, Minister of Housing, Local Powers and the City, Wallonia, Belgium
- Marina Gonçalves, Minister of Housing, Portugal
- Hugo de Jonge, Minister of Housing, the Netherlands
- Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Anna Athanasopoulou, Head of Unit, Proximity, Social Economy and Creative Industries’, European Commission Directorate General of Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Emmanuelle Cosse, President of l’Union Social pour l’Habitat
11h00-11h30 | INTERVIEW ON THE ROLE OF DEVELOPMENT BANKS
Interview with Sandrine Gaudin Vice-Governor of CEB and video message of Ambroise Fayolle, Vice-President of EIB
11h45-12h15 | FINDINGS OF STATE OF HOUSING 2023
- Alice Pittini, Research Director, Housing Europe
- Laurent Ghékière, Chair of Housing Europe Observatory, Head of EU Affairs, l’Union Social pour l’Habitat, France
- Christian Krainer, Vice-Chair of Housing Europe Observatory, Representative of GbV, Austria
12:15-13:15 | WHAT ROLE CAN FINANCE AND EU FUNDING PLAY TO ADVANCE INTEGRATED DISTRICT RENEWAL & THE FAIR ENERGY TRANSITION IN HOUSING?
1st panel– the European Union and investors respond:
- Jonathan Denness, Head of Unit, Financial instruments Unit, Directorate-general Regional and Urban Policy
- Edouard Perard, Head of Urban development Division, EIB
- Carlos Sanchez Rivero, Team Leader Financing for Energy Efficiency, DG ENER, European Commission
- Laurent Zylberberg, European Long-Term Investors Association (ELTI)
2nd panel - The perspective of the housing providers and cities:
- Donal McManus, CEO of Irish Council for Social Housing
- María Montes Miguel, Director General, AVS, Spain
- André Sobczak, Secretary General of EUROCITES
14h15-15h00 | WHERE FINANCE AND GOOD GOVERNANCE MEET: WHAT WORKS TO ATTRACT FUNDING?
Video on Housing2030
- The European Alliance for Social Housing in France, Representative of Caisse des Depots, Tanguy Desrousseaux, Head of Division, Public Sector and Infrastructure, Europe Department, EIB & Christophe Mróz, Principal Country Manager, CEB
- The Estonian governance system, Andres Jaadla, EKYL
- The European Housing Finance Working Group, Representative of EIB, Representative of CEB, Peter Surek, Head of Social finance, Erste Group, Sorcha Edwards, Secretary General of Housing Europe
15h00-15h45 | INVENTING THE WHEEL: FINANCING MECHANISMS THAT SUIT INTEGRATED APPROACHES TO RENOVATION
- Funding mapping: guiding developers to potential sources of financing, Juan Alario, Senior Consultant at GNE Finance, Former EIB Associate Director
- What needs to be changed? Discussion with practitioners about barriers to access funding:
- Paola Zerilli, Scientific Coordinator SUPER-i and SUPERSHINE projects, Associate Professor, Economics Department, University of York, UK
- Sven Buch, Development manager, Himmerland Boligforening; External censor, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Pierfrancesco Maran, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Neighbourhoods, City of Milan
16h00-16h45 | BEYOND FINANCE: THE LABOUR SHORTAGE IN CONSTRUCTION AND RENOVATION
- Öner Özgür, Head of EU Affairs, Federal Association of German Housing and Real Estate Companies
- Kristina Hultgren, City of Stockholm, Labour Market Department
- Eric Jourde, Director General of the French Building Federation
- Roman Horvath, Policy Officer, Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Pact for Skills
16h45-17h00 | CLOSING SPEECHES
- Bent Madsen, President of Housing Europe
- Ian Brossat, Advisor on Housing, city of Paris
DAY 2 – PRACTITIONERS SESSIONS
(13h) Networking lunch
14:00-15:00 | INCLUSIVE NEIGHBOURHOODS IN THE GREEN TRANSITION – EUROPEAN UNION FUNDS TO ADDRESS SOCIAL CHALLENGES
- Grzegorz Gajewski, Policy Officer, Directorate-general Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
15:00-16:30 | PITCHING SESSIONS BETWEEN INVESTORS AND PROJECT PROMOTERS
Projects pitched by social/affordable housing providers to expert and investors: EIB, EC, CEB, National Financial intermediaries for InvestEU
15:00-15:05 General presentation of the session
15:05-16:00 World café
16:00-16:20 Feedback from the investors
Reserved event. Booking mandatory.
16 :40-17 :20 | RENOVATION HELPDESK
Mentors and mentees meet to discuss innovative solutions for affordable housing renovation
Reserved event. Booking mandatory.
*Event organished through the Affordable Housing Initiative Consortium, SHAPE-EU. The European Affordable Housing Consortium, SHAPE-EU project has received funding from the European Union's Single Market Programme under Grant Agreement no. 101069909.